Wednesday, June 20, 2012

100% Baby Boy

Hello followers from the world's newest walker!

You read that right!  Little me is becoming more mobile everyday, though I am not that little anymore.  I am 9-months-old now and weighed 23 1/2 pounds at my doctor's checkup last week.  All my time spent standing is paying off.  I can stand by myself for almost half a minute.  I can also take a few wobbly steps before I go "boom" and try again.

You should see the amazing play area daddy constructed for me in our front room.  It is in the shape of a huge circle and is designed to keep the TV, fireplace and stairs from getting in my way.  Mom and dad call it my "corral".  Don't ask mom where we purchased the supplies for my corral.  She feels bad about it but I think it was an excellent use of creative thinking, and if we ever happen to get a dog (though very unlikely from what I hear), we already have a pen for it!!  The good news is that I love the gates and spend hours everyday in my corral playing with toys, pulling up on the couches, reading with mom and dad and practicing my walking.  It is fun to have a safe place to play independently where I can still keep tabs on everyone in the room.

I may be in the 90% percentile for weight and the 75% percentile for height, but I am 100% baby boy!  If strong was the word to describe me this past spring, brave is my word for the summer.  I love to explore and investigate every sound I hear.  Daddy calls me Curious George.  He also calls me a cobra because I grab everything.  I enjoy using my cobra-like tendencies for cell phones, remotes, hair, hats, earrings, glasses and food!

Summer is off to a good start at our house.  Mommy and I survived our first weekend apart.  Daddy and I went to Salina for Memorial Day Weekend while mommy flew to San Francisco and Wine Country for her dear friend Megan's bachelorette party.  I spent the first half of the weekend constantly looking around for "someone" and was very happy to see mommy come through the door that Monday afternoon.  Mommy and I also took a day trip to Rock Springs 4-H Center near Junction City for the dedication of a memorial for her Grandpa Partch who passed away last September.  It was fun to meet lots of mom's 4-H friends.

We hope your family is enjoying the summer too.  Below are some recent pictures, and stay tuned, as this next month is going to be BIG!  Little me is off to the mountains and the beach!


"Thanks Daddy - I'll take that!"

Solo Standing

Check out my head full of hair!

Friends from the 1998 Kappa Alpha Theta Pledge Class at K-State
Mom on her weekend away, Bride-to-Be Megan, Darcy and Sara

Mommy on a long run one afternoon in San Francisco

Mom and Darcy enjoying In-N-Out Burger, a California favorite.
Darcy defends her thesis this month and will receive her PhD from Georgetown University. 

Memorial Day Weekend in Salina
Sure doesn't look like I am missing mommy (but I am)!

Relaxing with Grandpa

My 1st Puzzle
Mostly I just enjoy putting the pieces in my mouth!

Showing off my new pajamas while laughing with Curious George

Big Smile

"Mommy's not looking.  I could use about 15 wipes..."

Playing my Bongos

1st Visit to the Trail

Running at Shawnee Mission Park

Mommy listening to Rachael Ray speak on the Plaza

Heartbreaker XXS

Me in action standing with my mobile