Hi all…Mommy, daddy and I just returned from several days in Salina. Daddy’s Grandma Diehl died after being sick for many years. My great-grandma was a lady of great faith who loved the Lord. I feel very blessed to have met her and have her hold me. When Grandma Diehl learned of my upcoming arrival, she told everyone, “I will live to see that baby” and that she did! Her friends were very happy to meet me this week as they knew grandma had been praying for me for a long time. We will dearly miss Grandma Diehl but she is free from pain and is watching over us from heaven. Grandma’s room was covered with my pictures so I know she would want you to see the newest pictures of her great-grandson and hear what is new with me!
As the title of this post suggests, I have some new tricks to tell you about. First, I roll over! I had been getting very close for a couple weeks, and the morning of the 14th, ta da, I rolled over! I did it 12 more times that day so mommy and daddy spent their 6th wedding anniversary watching me roll over again and again. I find it quite fun to roll from my back to my stomach and enjoy the new view of seeing things on my tummy. When I am ready to be on my back again, I just make lots of noise until someone comes to my rescue. It’s a fun game I like to play with mom and dad. Wonder when they will catch on!
Daddy taught me my next trick. I shake hands! It is quite cute if I do say so myself. I shook lots of people’s hands while in Salina. I laugh or smile real big when I do it. Daddy said he is teaching me important social and business skills for “closing the deal”.
Last, my newest trick is that I’ve discovered how to grab my feet. I give a big heave and stick my legs way in the air to meet my hands. The other day mommy found me holding my foot while I was napping. Soon I’ll be pulling off my socks too!
Four-months old means another visit to the pediatrician to see how I am developing. If you’ve seen me or my pictures recently, it is probably no surprise that I am now in the 75th percentile in weight. Most of my weight is in my cheeks and thighs! However, I am finally getting longer and am now in the 50th plus percentile in length. Yea! That makes my pants fit much better! I received my second round of immunizations but the shots didn’t slow me down. I do great with vision, hand/eye coordination and language development. You should hear me talk, especially in the mornings. I lay in bed and coo and giggle and talk real loud until mommy and daddy come get me, then I flash them a huge smile! I am right on track with putting absolutely everything in my mouth. I try to eat my hands, other people’s hands, toys, blankets, burb cloths, diapers, clothes, basically anything close enough for me to grab!
Next up - teething! I have two large white bumps in the front of my mouth…stay tuned!
 |
| Where is this thing called "snow"? I don't think it is normal to wear short sleeves in January. |
 |
| Lounging Around |
 |
| Everyone knows who I cheer for! |
 |
This was my Cotton Bowl outfit.
Daddy went to the game with his family so mommy and I had our own watch party in Kansas City. |
 |
| Grandpa and I have matching Wildcat hats. |
 |
| Baby Batman |
 |
This is Big Ben, my stuffed bear.
Apparently we name all toys in our house! |
 |
| Daddy is teaching me how to play with my new toy. |
 |
I am taking a rest break from all my rolling over.
Look how long I am getting! |
 |
I am very good at turning my mobile without any help from mom and dad.
This toy talks to me in English, Spanish, German and Japanese. |
 |
| We call this Mountain Daddy. |
 |
| Check out my first overalls! |
 |
| Let's shake on that! |
 |
| Who needs toys when you have hands and feet! |
 |
This is my future Aunt Kristin. I like her lots.
Mommy is excited to have another girl join the family when Uncle Wes and Kristin marry in May. |