Monday, June 2, 2014

My Big Brother News

In case you haven't heard the exciting news from this winter, I am going to be a big brother!  It's another boy!  A little brother - what fun!  I didn't know what to think at first except that every time we went to Manhattan for a basketball game I thought we were going to get my new little brother from there too!  Now I am getting all this figured out - like I am going to sit on one side of the car and he will sit on the other.  He will use the car seat I used when I was little and sleep in the crib I used and sit in a high chair.  Recently I told mom that I would share my toys with him and take turns and there would be no crying.  Mom's pretty sure that was a direct repeat from something daddy told me but it was fairly genuine nonetheless.  I am going to be a big help to mommy.  I look forward to teaching my little brother all kinds of important things - like how to feed the goats at the zoo and about Willie the Wildcat.  This week I told mom and dad that the baby could sit next to me on the couch and I'd read to him.  They liked that!

Our little baby is set to arrive in early September, hopefully before I turn 3 and daddy turns 30-something so it's going to be one big party around here every year!  In addition to learning about being a big brother I am also spending this summer learning all kinds of big boy things.  I climb into my car seat by myself and sit in a big boy chair at the table.  I am learning how to put my shoes on by myself and soon will transition to my big boy bed and room across the hall.  Most excitedly I no longer wear diapers!

My 1st "Big Brother" Shirt
Thanks Sam and Molly!

I am somewhat unsure about all of this!

But also very excited about my big brother news!

Mom and dad got me my own "revealing" cake.
The blue center revealed to me that we were expecting a little boy!