Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A True Conversationalist

Brayden is a true conversationalist and pretty easy to understand.  I remember last summer when Tim and I thought it was a big deal when first he'd have a new word every week, then every few days and finally just about everyday for a while.  Long gone are the days of two and three word choppy sentences.  Brayden will give you a full report of what happened or what is going on and is always willing to share his big ideas with you and ask questions - lots of questions!

Here are a few of his recent favorite phrases or funny things heard around our house:

- That'd be a good idea!
- Goodnight toys, goodnight trains...good morning toys, good morning trains.
- I am not a Jayhawk.  I am a Wildcat.
- I can read it myself.
- Oh, that's a good book.
- Oh, sure.
- Good nap!
- Mommy, are you hungry again?
- Maybe I can do that someday.
- Is the Mickey cup clean?
- Can I have some of that please?
- What are we going to do today?
- What are we going to do next?
- What's that?
- Daddy, do you need a tie?
- Daddy, do you need pants?
- Do they have a potty at our adventure?
- I wanna do projects.
- Is Willie playing today?
- I'm not a baby.  I'm a big boy now.
- Let's watch a show.
- Good eye!
- (To Daddy), can I see your big boy pants?
- (To Uncle Ryan), do you have a potty?
- Daddy, what are you talking about?
- It looks like a beautiful day to play outside.
- Thank you for bringing us here.
- My dog's name is Duke.
- This is the most delicious chicken ever!
- Who's gonna read to me?
- Oh, there he is!
- I'm just saying hi to my friends.
- Mommy, do you have my backpack?  Mommy, do you have my lunch bag?  Mommy, do you have Carlton?  Mommy, do you have the Willie blanket?
- I cannot.
- Are you washing the Willie blanket?
- I can help.
- I had a fun day!

Sandbox in our backyard


1st Time Fishing at Deanna Rose
April 12, 2014



The Easter Bunny brought golf clubs and paint to Salina this year.

Father and son at the Bill Snyder statue in Manhattan

Brayden's 1st K-State Baseball Game in Manhattan
May 9, 2014

Enjoying sliders at the So Long Saloon in Aggieville

Mother's Day 2014







Making ice cream with Uncle Steven over Memorial Day Weekend

Finally the outdoor pools are open!

1st Time Playing Miniature Golf
June 1, 2014