Last month Tim and I attended our first of many parent orientations over the upcoming years. We were in the minority of parents actually paying attention but we like really like the program and its director and especially the small student to teacher ratio. Brayden and I went for a brief "meet the teacher" morning a couple weeks ago where Brayden asked if the classroom had "mic-KAY" (Mickey Mouse) or giraffes. He found a giant toy bin of trucks and horses ("more neigh, more neigh"), and when the teacher asked him what he liked to do, Brayden said "dance!"
Brayden's first day was a shortened day to help ease kids into the new environment. He went for three hours and did great. Neither one of us even cried. As soon as I checked him in, he ran away from me into the classroom yelling "bye." The report from his teacher was that he did wonderful and was a very big boy on his first day of school. She also said that he really likes basketball (there are three basketball goals in his room) and is actually very good at it. Brayden's report from the first day - "blocks, girrrrls, back." Translation - I played with blocks, girls were there, and I want to go back. He later told me he really liked the park there because the playground for recess has all the same equipment as the parks he enjoys.
Here are some fun pictures of Brayden hamming it up for the camera after his first day. He sported his SkippyjonJones backpack from Great Aunt Mindy, chose his Willie water bottle, and wore his new shoes with balls that light up when you walk. He looks very grown up and independent!
| This is his new stretch just like the football players do when they warm up. |
| Practicing with his backpack last week during our trip to the library |