Friday, June 7, 2013

We Moved!

Brayden here with big news!  I am writing to you from our new house!  Yes, we moved!  Three weeks ago I left my first home in Shawnee where I lived my whole life (all 20 months!) for a new pad about 15 minutes away in Lenexa.  I adjusted great from day one.  My new place is wonderful for exploration for a curious guy like me.  I run into every room and twirl in the center.

The house and area fit our family well.  There are 18 kids total just in the five houses directly beside us and more dogs and basketball goals than I can count.  We step outside to running trails and walk to the neighborhood park around the corner.  I have a play room off the kitchen, a finished basement and floor to ceiling windows to cover with finger prints!  The house is in a cul de sac and backs up to the woods.  I'm on the lookout everyday for new animals to learn about like turkeys and deer.  We are in the Olathe School District which means Manchester Park Elementary School will be looking for me in just a few short years.  If we live here a really long time, I will attend Olathe Northwest High School.

I already know this is going to be lots of fun for our family.  I look forward to showing you my new place.  I am becoming a great tour guide and will even tell you the rules of the house along the way!  Wait till you see what the previous little boy left for me in my room!

Moving day on May 17th:

"Hmmm...what is going on?"

"Oh, all my toys and books come too.  Let's go!"

Getting settled in my new place:

My look of pure excitement upon seeing my play room for the first time

Slides just my size at the neighborhood park around the corner

Swings just my size too

I can tell we will be walking to the park lots

My new worm for my large new driveway
Of course, my "Hello, Willie" book made the move too!

First swim at the neighborhood pool

Making it feel like home
My watering can is my "ga-ga" (aka duck) from my newest find - the Target dollar bin!