Monday, March 11, 2013

My Newest Obsession

Hello friends and family!  Brayden here just taking a few minutes again from my newest obsession to post some recent photos.  What is this new obsession?  BASKETBALL!  I cannot get enough of it.  My signal for basketball may look like touchdown to you, but don't be fooled, I definitely know basketball when I see it.  I am really signaling "Good for a Wildcat 3!" like they do in Manhattan.

So I spend my time playing basketball, watching basketball on TV and asking to play or watch basketball.  I ask for basketball as soon as I wake up from naps and in the morning and when mom gets me out of my car seat.  I ask for basketball while sitting in my highchair.  I ask for basketball when I wake up at 4:30 a.m. because my teeth hurt.  That sums up the past month around here.  I went to my second KSU basketball game of the season mid-February.  The crowd and sounds in Bramlage really scared me that time, but then all of a sudden after the game, all I wanted to do was play and watch basketball.  We went back last week for the final home game of the season and I really enjoyed it.  I rarely get to watch TV beyond a little Nick Jr. and Busytown Mysteries but I know that mom and dad can turn on that TV if they really want to and find me a game somewhere - ESPN, Metro Sports, the Pac 10 network or that K-State game I know we have on the DVR!  Daddy says Blakes usually don't play basketball but maybe I'll change that!

Huge kudos to the Big 12 season champs - my K-State Wildcats!  Anyone else looking forward to March Madness as much as I am?

Daddy and I have our own goal in the living room.



I am particularly fond of shooting hoops with my bowling ball.

Watching the Cats




My K-State basketball is my favorite.


Only watching highlights from Lawrence during halftime - don't worry!


Senior Night in Manhattan vs. TCU

Sometimes I read during the games, just like Uncle Steven!

In other happenings around here:

- Welcome to cousin Betsy born last week!  Congratulations Aunt Kristin and Uncle Wes!
- I show my manners by signing both "thank you" and "please" now.
- I would tell you that carrots have always been my least favorite food but then I ate a whole bunch of them this weekend.  Secretly mom thinks it is because they plant, cultivate and harvest carrots in my John Deere tractor book that I love to read!
- I go to music class and swim lessons again for the spring.
- I say "yes" more everyday.  Sometimes I know what I am saying "yes" to and other times probably not, but it is amazing how much I understand and notice so you better be on your toes!
- I am really into coloring right now.
- I prayed six times during dinner tonight.
- I invented a new word which I say about a million times a day - "mama-dada" though sometimes I shorten it to "ma-da".
- I am working on stacking blocks and saying two-word sentences.


In honor of National Breakfast Week,
frozen whole grain waffles are my new favorite breakfast food.

I like to color on shipping and diaper boxes before we recycle them.



Time for a run!

This means "let's go mom!"

Helping with the dry cleaning

Laying down nicely to have my pants changed (now clap lots!)