Saturday, February 9, 2013

Things to Know About Me

Hello everyone!  Brayden here, and it's official, I'm a true toddler!  I turn 17-months-old this week but it seems I have really grown up since the holidays.  To keep my dear followers updated, I compiled this list of new things to know about me:

- Daddy calls me Curious George because I want to check out everything.
- I point at my books as soon as I wake up in the morning.
- To me, every sport is football so I always signal touchdown.
- I love to receive praise.
- I love to praise myself (mostly by clapping for myself).
- I remove my own bib when I am finished with a meal.  This signals you should be finished eating too so you can tend to my needs.
- It looks like I will take after my father by drinking lots of water everyday.
- My favorite books are those with animals and the ABCs.
- I am developing a love for playing outside and often plaster my face up against the door to remind mom and dad of this new hobby.
-  I take one nap a day now by my own choosing.  It has been a difficult transition.  "Oh when to fit in a shower" is what mom says!
- I talk lots and will repeat, in my own way, just about any word you ask me to say.
- Last month I was obsessed with cows, meatballs and Life cereal.  This month I am obsessed with horses and cheddar cheese.
- People say I am very calm and mellow in public but boy do I love to explore and run around the house when we get home.
- I am a puzzle master.  Dad and I work on my jumbo knob puzzles every night.  I can put them together all by myself and clap after each piece is successfully in its place.
- If you hold up bananas or I see them in the store, I yell "nanas" over and over.  It's my new favorite word.
- My 16 1/2 month streak of no medicine came to an end last month when I was diagnosed with pneumonia and had to take my first antibiotic.  Daddy took me to the doctor late one Sunday afternoon because I was coughing so bad, then we had to go across the street to the hospital for a chest x-ray.  I made everyone in the room clap after I laid nice and still for my "pictures".  We are thankful for our pediatrician's office that is open 7 days a week and that my illness never really impacted me since we were leaving exactly 36 hours later for a big trip for daddy's work.  That will be another blog post soon!
- I learned to fold my hands all by myself when we pray.
- I have no idea how many teeth and molars I am working on right now, but it's alot!
- I say "mama" right when I wake up while still laying nice and comfy in my crib.
- I now shake my head "no" for everything even when I mean "yes".
- Most days I am in a great mood and fun to play with and love all my toys.

And that was all just in the month of January - wow!

Watching the Fiesta Bowl





Celebrating Mommy's Birthday







Being Adorable Me