Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

Happy New Year!


As 2012 closed, I reflected this week on happenings in our life this past year that, while maybe not blog-worthy in and of themselves, they somehow helped me figure out where our time went:

- I become a stay-at-home-mom but am always thankful for my many friends from Lockton who provide a fun excuse for Brayden and I to visit the plaza.
- Brayden develops a love for books and music early in the year and doesn't look back!
- Two "firsts" for Tim - he develops a taste for coffee and joins the Apple world with an iPhone 5.
- Some weeks it doesn't "take a village to raise a child", but rather Google, YouTube and Amazon.com!
- I develop a love of pilates and spin cycling classes at the gym.
- Following several years of watching the market, we create a LLC and jump into the rental property business with a rental house in Manhattan.  (In 18 years, Brayden, maybe you'll have a place to live while attending K-State - hint, hint!)
- You know Tim recognizes the quantity and frequency of laundry at our house when he misses the first few minutes of a K-State football away game for an "emergency" trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart when our washer almost goes up in flames.  Santa came early for me this year with a new front loading washer and dryer.
- Our small group at church studies "The Story" by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee - a great way to read the Bible that we highly recommend.
- Tim enjoys the opportunity to mentor a finance student at K-State.
- I lead a table of women in our mom's group at church and enjoy the opportunity so much more than I ever imagined.
- Brayden falls in love with the Halo brand sleep sacks and thankfully sleeps great most nights of the year.  We pray this continues in the new year!

We were blessed with a great year of memories with Brayden and our family and friends and were thankful everyday for our health, warm home and Tim's job just to name a few.  We have several friends dealing with difficult situations and I humbly remind myself that we are not invincible in this life.  We pray for God's blessings to each of you in this new year.

Brayden ended 2012 and began 2013 by playing in the snow.  Since I love snow and winter, this is a sign to me that this is going to be a great year!  Tim and I both enjoyed our annual New Year's Day workouts at the gym this morning and Tim is preparing to cheer on the Wildcats at the Fiesta Bowl later this week.  I always look forward to January with my birthday, our anniversary, conference basketball games, a fresh slate of things to improve upon and a new 12-months to attempt to accomplish some of my many project ideas!  We look forward to taking Brayden on some fun travels this month too!

Here's how Brayden ushered out the final days of 2012:











Happy New Year from the Blakes!
We look forward to sharing our adventures with you in 2013!