Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Meg Ryan!

My dear friend Megan was married this past weekend in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids.  Her husband is Patrick Ryan, originally from Pennsylvania, so this makes her Meg Ryan!  I am so happy that Megan found her soul mate and wish her and Pat a wonderful marriage.

Megan is originally from Garden City, Kansas.  We met the summer before our senior year of high school on a 4-H trip to Washington, D.C.  A year later we roomed together in the dorms (Ford 107!) at K-State and both pledged Kappa Alpha Theta.  Megan took me to my first K-State football game our freshmen year.  We lived together many times and remained great friends after college, despite the many miles between us.  I've enjoyed getting to know Megan's parents and two younger sisters very well during our friendship and it was great to be able to celebrate this special occasion with their family.  Tim and Brayden stayed home so I spent the weekend catching up with sorority sisters and family friends from across the country.

K-State Thetas
We cover many miles from Wichita to Kansas City to D.C. to Madison and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Darcy (far left) and Sara (far right) are friends from K-State and live in Washington, D.C.  Greta now lives in KC after being in Iowa for several years.  Greta and I also met through a 4-H trip a couple years before I met Megan.


Three of Megan's bridesmaids were K-State Thetas - her youngest sister Stacy, Sara Drake Butler and myself.
We have matching K-State tattoos on under our dresses!

No Theta wedding is complete without the traditional kite photo!

My little man enjoying his morning run at the trail with dad while mom is away.