The big news around here is that I finally got my first tooth! Hooray! In fact, I have four teeth. I got four teeth in six days so things have been rough the past week. Teething is definitely one of the first things that has really slowed me down. My gums have been very inflamed and swollen for about a month but those pearly whites finally decided to pop through, first the top front teeth and then the bottom front teeth. You can now see my toothy smile when I laugh real hard!
The big question around here is "how many calories do I burn?" It seems, according to mom, that I am always on the move. I am even losing my little baby gut. This is my exercise routine - stand up, grab a book, walk to one end of the living room, sit down, read a page, stand back up, walk to the other end of the living room, sit back down, read another page, repeat. I do this same sequence all day long. I love carrying my books. I learned how to escape from my corral earlier this month which resulted in dad installing a more permanent fixture - a gate as he calls it - in the front room to keep me from escaping into the kitchen, garage, neighborhood, etc. Now my energies are concentrated on learning how to open the lock on this new gate. I think I just heard daddy sigh! The new gate drastically enlarged my play space in the front room and enabled me to pick up a new hobby - banging on the bathroom door while mommy is in there!
This month has been a period of transitions:
I mostly drink cow's milk now and take very little formula. Mommy is not used to the increased consumption of real milk around here so we keep running out! She called dad at work yesterday to stop and get milk for the third time in just a few days. We've quickly become one of those families who goes through at least a gallon of milk a week! I am getting quite proficient at feeding myself finger foods. My recent new faves are toast and frozen peas. My favorite food is still Greek yogurt. I kick my feet excitedly when mom and dad get yogurt from the fridge and I cry if the yogurt isn't for me!
I wear "big boy" shoes now - none of those early walker slip-on shoes. As a result, we start getting ready an extra 10 minutes earlier now when it is time to leave the house!
Due to my excellent walking, I now play in the "big kid" area in the gym while mommy works out - none of that infant room stuff anyone. I usually run outside on the field turf but eventually find my way into the large play house where I spend time with the other kids. Mommy thinks it is very cute when she comes to get me and I peek at her through the house's windows.
But the cutest thing, in mom and dad's opinion, that I have started doing this month comes at bath time. I know when and where to take a bath. As soon as daddy undresses me, I walk naked straight from my room to the bathroom and excitedly greet my duck and jump up and down for mommy to put me in the tub!
Below are some pictures of me out and about during the past month. Mommy is enjoying preparing for my and dad's upcoming birthdays. Where will we be celebrating? Bill Snyder Family Stadium of course! Daddy is teaching me how to hold up one finger for turning 1. I don't think dad has enough fingers (or toes) to hold up for how old he is turning!
| My friend Gabriel is letting me borrow his awesome toy car. It has a handle so mom can push me through the neighborhood. |
| This was mom's toy horse when she was little. |
| Sunday Afternoon at the Pool |
| We visited one of dad's offices. If I just could have had that computer mouse, I could have provided you with some excellent financial advice. |
| This picture makes mom think of feeding baby goats! I only drink 2-3 bottles a day now. Oh, the days when I took a bottle every 2-3 hours! |
| I love music class and am learning to shake the instruments for our musical parades. Music class is quite the workout for mommy! |
| I often read 3-4 books at the same time. |
| This K-State bird house belonged to mom's Grandpa Partch in Bird City. I love listening to all the sounds in our backyard. |
| Playing at Antioch Park |