Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mommy's 1st Mother's Day

Hi followers!  Can you believe it is the middle of May?  Mommy says we are headed into lots of fun and busy stuff during the next few weeks.  I tell her that everyday is fun for me!

This past weekend we celebrated Mommy's 1st Mother's Day.  I love and appreciate my mom so much.  Friday I turned 8-months-old.  My favorite pastime is still standing.  My need to stand has caused some problems falling asleep at bedtime and naptime the past 4-6 weeks but things are greatly improving recently.  Once I fall asleep, I am usually out for the night.  I continue to be very happy most of the time.  I love to laugh and make some pretty loud sounds.

Mom and I went to lunch with a friend on Friday and I sat in a highchair at a restaurant for the first time.  I am VERY interested in other people's food!  Friday evening I hung with mommy while daddy enjoyed a rare opportunity to fish with friends.  He had a free pass as earlier in the week I hung with daddy while we sent mommy to dinner with some other moms.  Saturday dad ran a half-marathon, his second of the season, in Bucyrus, Kansas.  The race is named "Running with the Cows" so he brought me home a toy cowbell!  That morning mommy and I walked around the Farmers' Market in Downtown Overland Park and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  Then we let mommy take almost a two-hour nap to start her Mother's Day celebration!  Saturday evening we went to church.  I belched really loud during a very quiet part of the sermon.  Oops!

Sunday I gave mommy a card and big hug for Mother's Day.  She had a long run with her running group early that morning.  While she was running, daddy and I were busy!  We made the bed, watered the grass, dressed in clothes we picked out ourselves, washed bottles, prepared lunches for the week, did the dishes and made Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole (minus two sticks of butter) for mommy's special brunch.  They tell me it was yummy, but even after all my hard work, I didn't get to taste it.  So unfair!  We spent the afternoon walking around the plaza.  I love to window shop and people watch from my stroller.  An aggressive little girl even hit on me!  Mommy deemed it a "laundry-free" day.  I kept up my part of the bargain but both of my crazy parents spilled food on their clothes.  You can't take them anywhere!

Happy Mother's Day Mom!  I love you!

The more mobile I become, the more difficult to take these monthly pictures!

Check out my excellent pincer grasp!

I continue to put everything in my mouth!

Mother's Day 2012

Mommy and Her "Big Boy Brayden" - That's what she calls me!

We are a great pair!

Look at me walk!

Hanging Out on the Country Club Plaza

My New Duck Bathtub

Mommy visited consignment sales all over the metro to find my jumper.
She was not pleased when at first I didn't like it.  Now jumping is one of my favorite hobbies.

All Smiles in the Morning

This is what happens when daddy comes to the grocery store with us!

Riding the Horse at HyVee

I laughed really loud!

We enjoyed lunch and the fountains with mommy's friends at Rockhurst University.