- Happy half-birthday to me! Last Sunday I turned 6-months old. I've gone from just over 7 pounds with dark eyes and even darker hair to more than 19 pounds with light brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. This means mom and dad have also survived six months of parenting. I think they would agree most days we are doing great and having lots of fun! What was life like without me!
- My 6-month check-up to the pediatrician brought another good report on my growth and development. The doctor says I have a great social smile. You should have seen the smile I flashed her when she cleared me for SOLID FOOD. Hallelujah! I received my third round of vaccines plus a flu shot. The flu is very late and very bad this year, especially for little people like me, so I need to protect myself. The shots were very strong this time and gave me a slight fever and some discomfort. That evening I sat in daddy's arms and cuddled one of my stuffed monkeys for a long time. I was up until 3:30 a.m. but thankfully felt much better the next day and went back to sleeping like a champ.
- Two days after my check-up I started sitting up all by myself. I lose my balance sometimes and face plant forward or spill to the side but I get better each day.
- Thursday brought my first solid foods. I don't really understand what that means except now I sit in this fancy chair at the table with mom and dad and they feed me lots of colorful mushy stuff that doesn't look or taste like anything I eat from my bottles. I tried sweet potatoes first. They get a thumbs up. Next was green beans - definite thumbs down. Mom thinks we are going to try the beans again in a few days - we'll see about that! My favorite food thus far is squash. Grandpa Blake is very proud. According to the doctor, this solids thing is all about the food experience, but I have yet to decide if it is a fun experience. Sometimes I refuse to open my mouth. Daddy doesn't understand it - I put absolutely everything else in my mouth and try to eat it!
- This weekend brought my first trip to the pool. We went to family swim at our gym's indoor pool. It reminded me of a gigantic bathtub. I LOVED the water and smiled the entire time. I don't know who was having more fun - me or mommy!
- A great close to the week would have been a K-State victory to advance the Cats to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16. However, after beating Southern Mississippi in the first tournament game, the Wildcats lost to #1 ranked Syracuse to end our basketball season. I can't wait to go back to Bramlage next year. I predict McGruder will be back with a vengeance for his senior year and Spradling will regain his confidence in the off-season.
Happy spring everyone!
| My Half-Birthday |
| Do I look like daddy in this picture? |
| Always smiling! |
| This is why I can't sleep with blankets. All I do is roll myself up in them! |
| My Beautiful Blue Eyes |
![]() |
| Sitting up by myself is opening a new world of toys. |
![]() |
| Naked Brayden |
| I love the view from my high chair. |
| I don't know what to think of this solid food thing yet. |
| Sweet potatoes - yum, yum! |
| My First Trip to the Pool |
| Isn't my swim outfit cute? |
| Born to Swim |
| Keep moving daddy. I love this water! |
| My Stylish Baby Gap Rash Guard Shirt |

