Monday, February 27, 2012

The Places I Go

Hello all!  It's Brayden and this month I turned five-months-old!  Time flies when you're having fun!

I love all the interesting places I go.  First, I joined the gym!  Last month I became old enough to go to the gym with mommy while daddy is at work.  It's me and all the new year's resolution babies in the gym's fancy childcare center.  I love the swings and bouncy seats and cute girls who work there and adore my cheeks!  You are allowed a pacificier but I gave that up months ago so I take my KSU taggies blanket from my friend Isabel.  It's a good conversation piece!  Some days it is a bit of a production to get me, my stuff, mom and her stuff to the gym but daddy says it is good for me to have a break from mommy - or was it the other way around?  Surely not! :)

Wednesdays are our church days.  In the morning mommy goes to Bible Study so I hang with our friend Carroll in the church childcare room.  There are other boys a little older than me who also come and I love to stare at what they are doing.  I used to get so wrapped up in watching them play that I'd forget to eat!  That was short lived so thankfully mommy always has a bottle in my bag.  My bottles have bands personalized with my name from my friends Ben and Cooper so no one confuses my meal with theirs!  Wednesday evening after daddy gets home from work the three of us go to small group at another church.  They have a huge playroom for me to enjoy!  Slowly I am learning that it is okay to fall asleep on the drive home and let daddy carry me to bed.

This month mommy and I drove to Salina all by ourselves and spent a week visiting friends and family.  I am a pretty big deal in Salina!  We visited the 4-H Extension Office, then went and saw Uncle Vern, Aunt Kay, Great-Grandpa, Uncle Steven, Marge, Steve, Kristin, Connie and the grandparents and that was all in one afternoon!  Everytime we'd go somewhere new I'd just stick my neck out, look around and smile.

Mommy, daddy and I also tried a Gymboree activity class where you dance, play with hoops and bounce toys off a big parachute.  We are trying a music class and storytime too so I can decide what I like best.  Anything with silly songs usually brings a smile to my face!

My car seat now has a colorful bird and spotted dog hanging from it.  The bird and dog entertain me lots in the car.  They make fun sounds so mommy enjoys a constant jingle coming from the backseat.  She fears one day I may break the bird's legs because I pull so hard!  I love to laugh for no reason when we are driving down the road.

Here is what I am up to developmentally these days:
- Practicing standing, sitting by myself and holding my bottles
- Turning my head when mom and dad say my name
- Playing in my exersaucer
- Discovering and touching faces
- Practicing for the sit-and-reach and improving my flexibility by putting my feet in my mouth
- Being mischievous by pulling mommy's hair and glasses
- Wearing bibs often due to excessive drooling
- Rubbing my gums to take away some of the yucky pain of teething
- Falling asleep on my own at naptime
- Giggling hysterically when mom and dad blow on my stomach
- Learning to play peek-a-boo
- Scooting around in a full circle when playing on my tummy on the floor

Of course, nothing beats rolling over all by myself!

Below are some pictures from the past month.  Boy, does mom like to grab that camera, especially when I am wearing jeans, purple or doing something cute with my hands!

In closing, in response to those of you who inquired about the bachelorette ad from Valentine's Day, check back in a few years.  For now, I've decided to stick with mommy as my Valentine.  She really is the best and my #1 lady!  Luv ya mom!