Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas from Brayden!

Hi friends and family from three-month-old little me!  I want to take this opportunity to wish my followers Merry Christmas and add a subtle reminder to the big man in red that there is a new Blake on his list of names.  That's B-R-A-Y-D-E-N, Shawnee, Kansas.  Look for the house with Charlie Brown in the yard.  There won't be cookies because mommy said we aren't doing any holiday baking this year since she is trying to lose her "Brayden weight."  The one day I finally convinced her to make a batch of cookies was during my 12-week growth spurt.  I was being a bit of a pistol and required constant holding so mommy ate the whole bag of chocolate chips instead of putting them in the cookies.  Then she started on the wine, at which point daddy decided he better come home from work, but I digress...  

So now that I am a quarter-of-a-year-old you are probably wondering what is new with me.  My biggest excitement is the discovery of my hands.  They are absolutely fascinating!  I inspect them every chance I get.  I highly recommend this activity if you are looking for a new hobby in the new year.

Here are my other developments this month:
- Recognizing mommy and daddy
- Smiling lots at just about anyone
- Keeping my hands open
- Looking at myself in mirrors
- Grabbing my rings
- Conversing (you say something, I make a noise, you say something again, I make another noise)
- Tracking objects with my eyes
- Getting into a sleep schedule with three naps a day
- Bringing my hands (and toys) to my mouth
- Drooling

Mostly we have been getting ready for Christmas at our house.  Mommy and I listen to Christmas music and read a Christmas book every afternoon.  Daddy and I watch Christmas movies on TV and he takes us to look at Christmas lights.  Apparently I've been busy shopping as there sure are alot of presents underneath the tree that say "From Brayden."  I thought my arrival alone would have covered my Christmas shopping this year but I guess not.  Hopefully mom fills me in before the big day on what I gave everyone but moreso I hope some presents "To Brayden" show up soon.

Mommy says all the Christmas activities are fun but it is important to remember the real reason we have Christmas to celebrate.  This is an extra special Christmas because holding me reminds mommy and daddy of little baby Jesus born to his young parents so many years ago.  May this special time of year remind us all of the little baby born in a stable and into our hearts.

I hope you enjoy my Christmas pictures below.  From our family to yours, Merry Christmas, or as I say "ohhh ahhh, eeee shriek"!


I practice sitting up in my Bumbo chair everyday.

I smile lots and lots these days.

Hopefully someone tells me what to do with this giant sock.  It is too large for my foot and too small for me to fit into.
Trust me - my crazy parents tried as they thought it would make a cute photo!

Every once in a while I even let out a little laugh.

My first visit to the jolly man in the red suit was at Crown Center.  Daddy said it was an excellent Santa experience - no lines and no tears!  What did I ask Santa for?  Diapers of course.  You've met my practical parents, right?

Oh, the magic of Christmas in a little boy's eyes.
Actually mommy I am staring at the huge spotlight above Santa's head.

Daddy takes mommy to Crown Center every Christmas as one of their holiday traditions.  This year I got to tag along.
That place is full of lights.  I almost gave myself whiplash looking at all the shiny bulbs and trees and decorations.

Here we are picking out the Griswold, oh I mean Blake, Family Christmas Tree.
As usual, daddy quoted lines from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" the entire time.

Mommy's favorite part of decorating the tree is remembering all the special stories and people
that relate to our ornaments.  Daddy helped me hang my "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.  

This is mommy's favorite new tree ornament this year.

I made an ornament with a mold of my handprint to remember how little I was on my first Christmas.

My friend Alex invited me to his Christmas party.  There was even an elf at the party!

This is my friend Rory and her mom Molly.  I sleep like a champ in Rory's sleep sack that she gifted to me.
Mommy and I will be sad the day I outgrow the sleep sack!

This is my special shirt to wear when I help mommy get ready for Christmas.

These are the matching pants!
I would not advise wearing a Santa on your bottom unless you are little and cute like me!

Daddy has loved hanging Christmas lights since he was a little boy.
He is starting me on exterior illumination at a young age.

Daddy did something new with our lights this year.
Inside of outlining the house in white lights, we hung garland, bows and a weath.

Our Peanuts characters are another holiday tradition.  We are big Charlie Brown fans at our house.
I watched the entire "A Charlie Brown Christmas" twice without making a sound.

Here I am decorating my first gingerbread house just like daddy and his brothers did when
they were growing up.  I put a "B" for Blake and 2011 on my house this year.

I demonstrate intense concentration when holding my rings.

Here I am hanging out with Grandpa Laubhan.
Daddy and Grandpa went to the K-State basketball game at the Sprint Center.