Hello followers! How did you spend 11.11.11? I spent it turning two-months old. Can you believe it? I am really growing and keeping mom and dad on their toes! They think they are starting to decipher my different cries and are even trying to get me into a routine - ha! I continue to change everyday lest mom and dad get complacent! We spent 11.11.11 with family in town in the morning. I got to show Grandma and Grandpa Laubhan how well I do in restaurants when we went to brunch. Daddy's office was closed for Veteran's Day so in the afternoon mom and dad took me on one of their family holiday traditions. We went Christmas shopping for some kids dad said needed a little cheer in their lives. While mommy was in the dolls aisle (yawn), daddy and I snuck over to look at the hot wheels and bikes. Clear the way when I get my hands on one of those! Mommy and daddy even went on a date that night. My friend Molly came to hang out with me. One problem - as soon as my parents left, I had to go to the bathroom really bad. I had the worst blowout I've had - oops! Molly had to find more wipes and clean the carpet and almost wash me in the kitchen sink! I apologized but I sure felt better afterwards. When mommy got home she said that was no way to make friends!
I jumped into the 50th percentile in weight at my two-month check-up, coming in at 11 pounds 12 ounces. The nice lady at the doctor's office said I am doing great. My head circumference jumped into the 75th percentile but my length is still in the 25th percentile at 22 1/2 inches. Good thing the rolled up pant look is cute for baby boys! When the doctor placed me on my stomach, I knew it was time to show her my tricks. I immediately thought it was tummy time and impressed her with how well I hold up my neck. She said my head control is excellent. It should be as I love playing on my stomach. Tummy time is still one of my favorite things. I also received my first immunizations but I took the shots like a champ. I screamed once really, really loud then fell asleep on the doctor's table. I received three shots, one oral vaccine, some berry-flavored Tylenol, two Daffy Duck band-aids, a Charlie Brown band-aid and a whole afternoon of snuggling with mommy on the couch!
Exciting news - I smile now! I don't do it that often. I still make mom and dad work for it but I am starting to smile a few more times each week. Mommy and daddy try to get me to smile on cue. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have two grown people so close to your face multiple times a day saying over and over, "Brayden, can you smile? Brayden, can you smile?" Really I wish they'd learn I am just going to smile when I want to. Maybe they should work on their own tricks instead of being so concerned with mine! I continue to smile more for daddy than mommy, like when I smile for daddy right when he walks in the door and didn't smile for mommy all day through all my feedings, changes and mood swings.
I continue to love taking baths. At night, mommy puts this amazing magic "nightie night" lotion on me. It makes me very sleepy. Mommy and daddy put me in my crib and I fall asleep on my own. Daddy says they do not take my good sleeping for granted and he hopes it continues. I get up fewer times to eat during the night now which makes mommy very happy. There is usually one feeding per night that I want to play for a bit instead of falling back asleep right away. Playing is just so much fun but I usually feel bad because mommy or daddy look really tired. Once mommy tried reapplying the magic lotion at 3 a.m. Silly mommy - it doesn't work that way! I also continue to love lights and ceiling fans. We have the most interesting chandelier in our entry way and some fascinating lights above the fireplace. Sometimes when I am a bit fussy I make someone stand under these lights and hold me until I decide I am no longer fussy. My favorite light in the whole house is in the ceiling fan in my parents' room. It calms me down everytime. I love to lay in the middle of their bed in the mornings and watch the fan go round and round.
My new "downfall" this month is that I absolutely cannot stand wet pants. Can you really blame me? As soon as I realize I am wet, someone better be ready to change me right away or else I will scream until I am red in the face and wearing dry pants.
Mommy and I get out during the day more and more. We've sure come a long way since our first outing with just the two of us. Mommy was so tired that first trip that once we made it to the parking lot at our destination we almost turned around and didn't go inside. Now we go on walks on nice fall days, run errands, go to bible study and visit friends. Today I met mommy's friends at Rockhurst University where she used to work. I wore my "smartest little guy" onesie as I thought that was appropriate for a college campus.
My allotted computer time is coming to an end, but before I close, I must give a shout out to my KSU wildcats. Everyone says I picked a good year for my first wildcat football season. I was even awake past my bedtime last Saturday because the game went to four overtimes and mommy couldn't stop watching it to put me to bed! That is what I call good parenting! I wore my purple with pride to church the next morning. So many games go to the last minute it seems so I asked daddy about this. He said, "Get used to it my son, get used to it." I am learning that being a wildcat fan is a lot of work at times!
Until next time, have a good month. It's going to be an eventful one at our house - my first Thanksgiving, my baptism and getting ready for my first Christmas.
 |
| I am starting to work on my vision with fun new toys like this colorful mobile. |
 |
This is my new friend Sophie. I am learning to squeeze her just right so that she makes a noise.
Daddy doesn't think I should have a toy with a girly name so he just calls it "the giraffe". |
 |
| The dimple on my chin is becoming more pronounced. |
 |
| Here is one of my humorous faces. Sometimes I fill up my cheeks like a chipmunk. |
 |
My eyes are turning blue like daddy's eyes. Mommy keeps thinking my hair will turn lighter or fall out
but it still looks like how it did the day I was born, sideburns and all! |
 |
| Aren't I precious? |
 |
| Note what my shirt says! |
 |
| Mommy thinks I am starting to look more like her, especially in certain pictures like this one. |
 |
| Watch out! I'll be crawling before long! |
 |
| I celebrated my two-month birthday on the special date of 11.11.11. |
 |
| I love my daddy and he loves me! |