Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Guess who turned one month old this week? Me, Brayden! I think I am getting cuter by the day! I’ve really started making noises and cooing and have the most adorable facial expressions. Morning is usually one of my best and most alert times. You should see me do my morning stretches! I just stretch and stretch and stretch. I am also very active in the evenings when daddy plays with me on my bright green jungle floor mat. I really am a happy little dude most of the time!

My big outing this week was my first visit to church last Sunday. I excused myself during the sermon to eat and change my pants and the music startled me a few times, but I was so quiet, most folks didn’t even know I was there.

There is so much to do and see and take in on this side of the world. My house is full of gadgets and toys and all kinds of things to stimulate my senses. I am starting to stare at lights, fans, mirrors and pictures. I especially love to stare at the “Brayden” letters in my nursery.

Here are a few of my favorite things one month in:

Things I like:
Baths in my little blue tub
Walks outside in my stroller
My sound machine, especially the "rain" noise
Being held and snuggled
Rocking in my glider
Playing on my back
Stretching
Lounging in my Rock ‘n Play Sleeper (Fisher Price’s newest invention)

Things I dislike:
Burping
Baby socks

Things I am good at:
Sleeping in my big boy crib
Lifting my head during tummy time
Getting the hiccups
Passing very smelly gas (oops!)

Things I am undecided on:
My swing
Pacifiers
The classical music that mom has me listen to!

It’s been a good month so I am going to stick around! This works out well since mom and dad said they are going to keep me…oh boy! They are lots of fun and I love them already! We’ll see what month two brings. Mommy is really hoping for some smiles!