Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My 1st KSU Basketball

Hello! It’s Brayden again! I’m guessing normally mom won’t let me post two entries in a row but I have to share with you how cool my dad is!

Last night daddy went to a K-State event for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. You’ll never guess what he brought home for me! A miniature KSU basketball autographed by Coach Deb Patterson and Coach Frank Martin! It matches my autographed football from Bill Synder. Aren’t I spoiled? Daddy says I’ll be able to hear Coach Martin through the TV when we watch basketball games together this winter. I can’t wait to add the basketball to my nursery. It is extra special because my birth came at a bittersweet time for my family. Mommy’s Grandpa Partch died the Thursday before I was born. He lived in Bird City in far northwest Kansas so mom and dad couldn’t travel to the funeral, which made mommy very sad. Great Grandpa Partch graduated from K-State a long time ago and even played basketball for the Wildcats in the early 1940s. I think that is pretty cool!


Daddy says this basketball is for "looks" only...no dribbling allowed!