Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brayden's First Post

Hi! It’s Brayden. While I am starting to learn all this world has to offer, I thought I would try out this Internet thing and take a stab at blogging. This way my new found “followers” can really know what is going on around here. First, I love my mommy and daddy very much and I must say they are doing a great job. I’m sure I am a big adjustment for them but really I think I’ve been pretty easy to handle.

Week 2 was a good one. Daddy really knows how to take care of me. He seems to remember lots from when his brothers were younger. Mommy is very good at caring for me too. She just needs to gain confidence, so I try and snuggle real close to reassure her.

Daddy only worked part-time this week so he and I spent lots of time together, especially late at night. Did you know there is a TV channel with sports on 24 hours a day? Daddy and I watched a football game in the middle of the night! He reads “Go Powercat” to me. That’s the K-State sports message board for those that don’t bleed purple like I already do. There is a big story line surrounding something called the Big 12. Twelve of what I don’t know but it seems like a big mess if you ask me. Daddy discusses all the possible scenarios with me. Everyone who calls or stops by asks his opinion about the Big 12 and I feel very proud that I helped him analyze the possibilities and can contribute to the conversation!

I’ve definitely brought changes to this place. Beyond obvious changes like the coffee table being replaced with a pack ‘n play and swing, a few housekeeping items have also changed. Mom and dad are often known for their clean and organized house. I’m not saying things have gone to the trash around here. Everything still looks very neat and orderly to me, but I did note that a load of UNFOLDED laundry sat on the guest room bed for three days and someone named Uncle Steven pointed out dust on the top of my dresser! I also apparently require a lot of items that mom and dad didn’t anticipate, or at least didn’t estimate correctly in quantity. When I was in the womb, people were always commenting on how prepared my mommy and daddy would be. Well, for two supposedly prepared people, daddy sure makes A LOT of trips to Walgreens. One time he had quite the interesting assortment of baby and post-partum items and looked a bit ragged so the store clerk asked him, “Sir, how’s your day going?” Mommy and I enjoyed that story!

I need to get busy preparing for week 3. Grandma Laubhan is coming to stay for a few days. One last item though – did you notice the K-State Wildcats are 2 for 2 since my arrival? What a great defensive stop to beat Miami on the road this weekend! Have a good week!


First Tummy Time