I am becoming quite the communicator and can usually tell you in my own way what I want and more so what I don't want. Last week brought my 15-month check-up with the pediatrician. She said I look healthy and am developmentally on track. My weight and height are leveling off and my appetite varies greatly from day to day. I gained less than a pound this fall weighing in at 25 1/2 pounds and received three more immunizations.
Here are lots of things I've been doing to keep me and mom and dad busy:
- Learning the parts of the body - I've mastered head and ear thus far
- Working on using a spoon
- Ditching the bottle
- Pointing at everything (though I use my middle finger instead of my pointer finger - oops!)
- Following simple directions from mom and dad
- Running to my highchair when someone mentions mealtime
- Using sign language to indicate "more" and "eat"
- Working on rolling a ball and pushing my toys and trucks on the floor
- Shaking my hands and head to indicate "no"
- Climbing all the way up our stairs to the second floor
- Sticking my arms through my sleeves and raising my feet for my socks and shoes
- Calling everyone "mama" - usually it is "mamamamamamamama" over and over
- Saying "dadadadadada" more often - now to learn the difference between mama and dada
- Eating "adult" food like vegetable soup, turkey, homemade pizza, sausage, and pancakes
Santa made an early stop to my house on Park Street last Saturday. Below are pictures from our family Christmas here at home. I'll have mom post pictures from Christmas in Salina another time. It takes several days to recover from our travels to Salina!
| Crown Center |
| I lined up my Peanuts band and Snoopy and pushed all the buttons to play music. I would do this ALL day. We had a VERY musical month. |
| Daddy also bought me a Elmo that sings "Jingle Bells." It was a full time job to keep all my Christmas music playing! |
| Here is a present from Aunt Carol and Uncle Ted in Bird City. It was my first present this year and I rode it like a horse! |
| Putting out a cookie and sippy cup of milk for Santa |
| Santa brought me a table and chairs set and the timeless Tupperware shape sorter |
| My first workbench |
| Santa left Chuck's Trucks in my stocking |
| Etch-A-Sketch |
| Using my new chair while I work on my new shapes puzzle |
| Daddy made pancakes for Christmas breakfast. I didn't really like them this first time. |
| My present to Uncle Wes - moose mugs from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." You're welcome Aunt Kristin! |
| Oh, how I love playing with my daddy! |