Monday, October 29, 2012

What I've Been Up To Since Turning 1

Hello followers!  It's Brayden to update you on everything I've been doing since turning the big 1!  First, though, I must give a shout out to the #2 ranked team in the BCS, my K-State Wildcats!

Here's what we've been up to this fall:

Cheering on the Cats

I wear my purple with pride throughout town and especially to church on Sundays.
 
Reading "K-State 101"

During this amazing football run we can't forget that basketball season starts this week.
I am always up-to-date with the Cats.  I already have a signed Bruce Weber mini-basketball!

Getting My 2nd Haircut

Cousin Mayci and mom and I spent the afternoon Christmas shopping.

I was much more aware of the clippers during this haircut and cried lots.
I didn't even enjoy the old fashioned fire truck that was my barber chair.

Playing Football in the Backyard

I'm waiting on the play call from dad.
Mommy loves this picture.  She thinks I look three!
  
It's a long pass from Collin Klein to Braden Wilson.

Never mind - quarterback keeper!

Mowing the Lawn

Daddy and I maintain a highly manicured lawn.
We have new backyard landscaping with six ton of rock to keep me entertained.
 
I get to "roam" through the house more these days though always with adult supervision.
The first thing I do - run to the window and check the grass, just like daddy does!

Speaking of roaming, surprise, surprise, I found where we keep the Cheerios!
I eat one snack a day now, usually puffs, Cheerios, applesauce or Life cereal and drink a glass of milk.
Cheese sticks, mandarin oranges and grilled chicken are my current favorite foods. 
 
Starting Swim Lessons

I'm taking fall swimming lessons once a week at our gym and am all smiles in the pool.
My class is titled "Splash 101" and mom and dad participate too.

Sporting Halloween PJs

Batty for Candy

Glow-in-the-Dark Bat Pajamas
I am very proficient with sippy cups and only take one bottle right before bed.

Having Fun Around Town

Enjoying a beautiful Friday evening at the Plaza Art Fair last month

Riding the horse at HyVee after grocery shopping

Enjoying the playground at Shawnee Mission Park

Enjoying the swings at Deanna Rose Farmstead on Columbus Day
Oh how mom and I love bank holidays!

Visiting the Doctor for My One-Year Check-Up

Here is my growth chart for my first year.
I weighed 24 lbs., 13 oz. at my 12-month appointment and measured 30 1/2 inches long.
I am in the 75th percentile for height and weight.

Learning About All of You

Mommy made me a photo album of family and friends.  I love looking at pictures.
Is your family in my album?  E-mail mom a picture and I can learn about you too.