Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Current Facts

Hello friends and family!  Brayden here just taking a quick break from all my walking to update you on what's new with me.  I am practically running across the family room these days.  My walking has really taken off since the weekend.  I laugh and smile and move my hands all around in excitement while practicing my new skill.  It's been a busy month.  After my trip to Colorado, Grandma and Uncle Steven came to visit for a few days, then mom and I spent some time in Salina.  We quickly unpacked and repacked for our trip to San Diego for dad's annual work conference.  I turned 10-months-old in San Diego but also caught my first true cold.  Thankfully it didn't slow me down much but it is lingering some into this week.  It is nice to be home and back to my toys and bed and routine.  We've been enjoying the gym and pool and experimenting with new finger foods.  Today was especially fun at the pool as daddy went swimming with mommy and I after work, then took us to dinner at Spin Pizza, one of our favorite local restaurants.

So much seems to happen with me each week.  Here are my current facts:

- I am fascinated by anything with texture.
- I love the sound of the hair dryer.
- I am obsessed with other people's toes.
- I have a new ride!  I moved up to the next size car seat this month.
- I also have new wheels for my new car seat.  Goodbye Trailblazer, hello Highlander!
- I insist on standing in the bathtub, so essentitally I take showers!
- I love to raise my arms in the air for daddy and mommy to to pick me up.
- I eat breakfast now, making that three meals a day for me.
- I give mom and dad a workout when changing and dressing me because I refuse to stay still!
- I am transitioning out of swaddlers diapers.  No more magical blue line to know when I am wet!
- I sometimes get scared during my naps and wake up crying and wondering where mommy is.
- I sometimes refuse to let anyone feed me.  Independent much?  Yes.  Messy much?  Definitely!
- I am now enjoying finger foods like shredded cheese, mandarin oranges, cheerios and noodles.

Mommy's dad bought this Garfield for her the day she came home from the hospital.
It was always in her room growing up.  Now Grandpa passed Garfield onto me.

I went to storytime at the library today with friends.  Kansas City is blessed with wonderful libraries.
Many local libraries now have fun exploration areas like I am enjoying here.

Mommy and I love to snuggle at naptime.

Mom and I spent several days in Salina earlier this month and dad joined us for the weekend.
We swam in Connie's pool like dad, his brothers and Connie's boys did when they were growing up.

Steer clear when I am driving my boat!

"I'll take that one daddy."
We enjoyed a relaxing 4th of July at home - swimming, grilling and watching fireworks on TV.

We received my next size car seat as a gift before I was born.
The policeman called it a "beast" due to its side-impact technology to help keep me safe.

I am still rear-facing in my car seat for a long time so I peer around and look out the windows.

I went to my first birthday party this past weekend.
My friend Beckett turned 2 and had a pool party for us to enjoy.