We were blessed earlier this month to travel to San Diego for Tim's annual work conference. I am thankful everyday for Tim's job and how Tim uses his gifts to help people prepare financially for both the good and not-so-good times in life. His days are often mentally exhausting yet he works very hard to enable Brayden and I to spend precious time together at home during the day.
The broker dealer for Tim's credit union is housed in San Diego so we've enjoyed many trips to sunny California where the temperature is always a refreshing 70 degrees and requires a jacket in the evenings year-round. I missed the conference last year as it was too late in the pregnancy to travel so we were both extremely excited to enjoy this year's trip with our little boy. We ran along the beach, ate at some of our favorite restaurants and participated in the conference's evening events as a family. Our favorite activity in San Diego is going to the beach at the Hotel Del on Coronado Island - we went three times this trip! Tim also enjoyed two rounds of golf and several hours of speakers on social security, medicare, trusts, etc.! Our plans were altered a bit when Brayden came down with his first cold a couple days into the trip. He and I stayed close to the hotel for about 48 hours and sleep was somewhat sketchy in our tight hotel room but Brayden remained in a fairly happy mood and somehow Tim and I escaped without getting sick.
I pray we will be able to enjoy the beach again with Brayden as he grows - sand castles here we come! Here are our favorite pictures from this year's trip: