Monday, April 30, 2012

Some Q&A with Brayden

Hello everyone!  Mommy and daddy have been so busy keeping up with me that they failed to update you on the big news of my MOBILITY!  I love gross motor skills!  Things have certainly changed alot this month at our house.  Sometimes I think it is too much for mommy to handle.  We had to lower my crib, lower the pack 'n play, take the swing downstairs, find my 6-9 month clothes, lower my crib again (even lower), cover the outlets, move the trashcans, and lock the guest bathroom and that was all within the same week!

I am frequently asked the same questions so here is some Q&A from me to my faithful followers:

What are your most recent accomplishments?
I crawl, pull myself to a standing position, navigate two stairs and alternate objects from hand to hand, all while growing stronger and stronger.  I can even stand with only one hand holding onto whatever I choose to pull myself up on that at moment.

What is your favorite way to spend the day?
I spend hours every day standing in my crib, pack 'n play and against the couch.

How do you start each day?
I crawl to my toy basket, remove every toy and book, lick every toy and book, then decide what to play with.  I love to open and close my books over and over.

What are your favorite foods right now?
Squash, sweet potatoes, peaches, prunes and Yoplait Whips yogurt.  The church bulletin is also quite tasty – blame that on daddy!

What are your favorite songs to sing?
Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You're Happy & You Know It

What comments do you hear most often about yourself in public?
“Look at those beautiful eyes.”
“Why do the boys always get the best eyelashes?”
“How do you like your running stroller?”

What are you reading?
“Furry Friends” from Great Aunt Mindy and “Elmo’s Home Run” with a baseball that squeaks!

What new things are you practicing?
Standing by myself, waving and clapping

What are the newest songs on your playlist?
“Fly Over States” by Jason Aldean, “We Are Young” by Fun and “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz

Have you been anywhere new this month?
I had my first trips to the Kansas City Zoo and Deanna Rose Farmstead.  I've also been shopping at several garage sales and kids' consignment sales stocking up on clothes for next year.  Mommy and daddy agree that there is no way I'll ever be big enough to fit into those big boy clothes! :)

When are you going to get your first tooth?
Who knows!

What three words does daddy use to describe you?
Curious, alert and (very) aware

What is mommy's favorite word these days?
"Come back here" - make that three favorite words!

What is going to be your first word?
Daddy and I are practicing "mama" for Mother's Day.

What are somethings that most people don't know about you?
I am a very neat eater (at least until finger foods start), I love to sleep on my side, and I always cross my ankles.

Mommy made a slideshow with several pictures from the past month.  You'll be amazed at how big and sturdy I am getting!  Until next month...